This section will describe how to register your attendance in class using Moodle.
There are three methods for registering attendance: manual, automatic, and semi-automatic.
Attendance-taking procedures vary depending on the method chosen, so please check with your instructor beforehand.
|Attendance and dishonesty
Credits may be withheld from students who are caught falsely registering their presence in class. Dishonest behavior such as falsely logging into the course is prohibited.
The instructor confirms student attendance directly in the class
Your attendance is automatically registered when you log in to the course you are taking.
No further action is required.
If you are logged into the course before the class starts, always log in again after the start of class,
or reload your browser.
🔸During your class, click your course URL.
🔸During your class, click the activity or uploaded file on your course.
🔸During your class, reload the web page of your course.
How to update
Press “Ctrl + F5” – windows
Press “CMD+R” or “SHIFT+CMD+R” – mac
※If you have accessed the course before the class start time, be sure to re-enter the course after the class start time or refresh the browser page.※Accessing the “In detail…” page of the “Auto Attendance Block” and reloading the page do not constitute attendance.
During class time, click on the course URL, or a link in the course name, or content (Activities or Resources) on the course.※ Depending on the class, cut-off time is set. Please reload the page of the relevant course immediately after the class start time.※Always access the Moodle course after connecting to Edunet (on-campus LAN). If you log on from an IP address other than Edunet, you may not be marked present.
Your attendance is registered by sending an attendance link. Follow the procedure below.
1. On the course page, click on the “Attendance” icon. The words displayed to the right of the icon change according to the course.
2. After obtaining the keyword from the instructor, enter it, and click the “Submit” button. (If no keyword field appears, a keyword is not required.)
3. After the message “Attendance has been successfully taken,” the screen switches to the attendance sheet screen.
Check that you are marked “P” in the attendance field, and click “Return”. The screen will return to the course page.
*Always access the Moodle course after connecting to Edunet (on-campus LAN). If you log on from an IP address other than Edunet, you may not be marked present.
1. Press block drawer” on the right side of the course screen to see the attendance status in the “Auto Attendance Block”. To view attendance for each class session, click on the “In details…” link.
2. Your attendance list will appear. After checking your attendance status, click the “Return“ button to return to the course.
*Accessing the “In detail…” page of the “Auto Attendance Block” or reloading the page do not constitute attendance.
1. Open the block drawer in the course and click on “Report” from the “Auto Attendance Block” section.
2. Click on the class date for which you want to check attendance.
3. (1) Select a class.(Only when the classification is set in the course)
(2) Confirm or enter/modify attendance.
(3) Attendance status can be changed at once.
4.Finally, click “OK” to finish.
※If you use this system to take attendance, please use this system to make corrections as well.
*Please check your attendance sheet before the end of class. Students can also check their own attendance status through the automatic attendance block. Please have students check their attendance status as well.
|What about authorized absences?
A faculty member with the Teacher role can manually change the attendance status to Attendance and enter “Public Absence” in the Remarks field to treat it as attendance.
・Regardless of the “Attendance Confirmation Method,” you can manually change the “Attendance Confirmation Method” for the relevant class.